When it comes to social media, there's no denying that Instagram is the place the be. The app has over 1 billion monthly users and an average of 75 million photos uploaded every day. It can be overwhelming to try and stand out in this sea of images and to truly benefit from the algorithm, you need engagement (from real accounts!) as well. If you're worried that the engagement rate of your brand's page is a bit....low....then no worries, Kommune is here to help!
grow your account by
300% with these tips
1. Practice Social Listening - Social media is an ever-changing world of trends, so try to always aware of what topic is currently trending within your customer base. Perhaps a new viral challenge has emerged or a new single becomes a hit that just so happens to complement your business enough for you to surf the wave.
2. Share other people's content - Instagram is about community and sharing what interests you not only with those who follow but also those who might stumble across it as well. Repost pictures, stories, and always remember to tag the author and key relevant pages for higher chances of traction.
3. Hashtags, Hashtags, Hashtags - Although we all hate it, use hashtags that are relevant to your niche or brand. You should also try using some less popular ones or find pages or brands with their own hashtags as these may have an even higher chance of being seen.
4. Reposting evergreen content - why re-invent the wheel when you don't have to? Turn some of your old pieces of content that you love and reformat them into IG reels or throwback posts as a reminder of far you've come.
5. Interact with other profiles - not only through liking or commenting on their posts, but also interact with them on through stories, sharing content, or even collaborating with other social brands or key industry leaders if they happen to be within the same niche.
6. Ask questions, feedback opinions from followers - there's no such thing as a stupid question. By asking questions through your captions or Instagram Stories, they might be able to teach you a thing or two; plus feeling that they are being heard.
7. Make sure captions add value or offer substance - think of your captions as a way to guide your audience into a certain mindset. Do you want your audience to feel inspired, entertained, or curious when they look at your post?
8. Consistency - just like wine, good products and profiles take time to expand and grow. Building an engaging Instagram audience won't happen in a day, but as you stay consistent within your posts, soon you will be able to notice trends within engagement that to help grow a bit more every time.
If you keep these tips in mind while creating posts, then over time you should see an increase in your profile engagement rate and reach. However, you’ve heard of growth hacking, right? Well, it can be used for more than just marketing.
Growth-hacking your Instagram account means you tailoring a plan through trial and error to create consistently engaging content for your brand in the shortest amount of time. Interested to get started? Contact us here.